The CDAE certification is designed to certify that candidates have working knowledge and skills in relation to identifying, implementing and validating Information Assurance controls for all DoD Information Systems.
The CDAE certification is consistent with the requirements of FISMA, the DODD 8500.1 and the DoDI 8500.2 standards.
he exam consists of two parts, a traditional multiple choice, true/false and multiple answer examination and a take-home practical exam. The multiple choice exam consists of 50 questions randomly pulled from a master list of questions. The certification candidate has 2 hours to complete the exam. The 4 Domains are as follows:
- Control Selection
- Verifying Control Implementation
- Preparation steps prior to Control Evaluation
- Validation using one or more accepted validation methods
Any candidate that answers 70% of the questions correctly is considered to have passed the multiple choice exam.
Upon completion of the multiple choice exam, candidates are then distributed a take-home practical, in which they will be tested on their ability on three Challenges. Candidates have 60 days from the completion of the multiple choice exam to complete the practical examination. The practical is then submitted to an exam proctor, who will grade the exam. A 70% is considered a passing grade.
Becoming a candidate for the CDAE exam:
There are three options for taking the CDAE exam:
- The CDAE is available at any of our training partner's locations throughout the world.
- The exam can be proctored on-site at your location for groups of 10 or more.
- Individuals employed at member organizations can take the exam over the internet
Access to the CDAE exam:
- All CDAE related correspondence is sent to the email address you provided when you registered.
- All training and certification is conducted through the exam engine. Use the exam engine to log in to your account to take exams..
- Once you log in, you will have links for Certification Attempts and/or Self Study Files as appropriate to your registration.
- Please be sure to read all documentation pages.
As the IACRB is a not-for-profit organization, please be aware that fees are used only for administrative functions.
- Flat fee of $499 per exam
- On-site proctored exams are $399 per voucher
Ready to take the exam? Contact a training partner or register to take the exam here.
The CWAPT certification has now moved to a four year certification period. Regular renewal of a certification ensures that IACRB professionals maintain their knowledge and skills over time. Recertification is conducted via the exam engine system.
Your recertification will become available for registration in your portal account one year in advance of your certification expiration. Recertification candidates will be taking exactly the same exams as current certification candidates.
There are no fees associated with re-certification.
Tips for Success:
The CDAE certification program is very challenging. We offer the following advice when pursuing your certification:
- Budget your time carefully. Don't postpone until the last minute and expect to do well.
- Plan to spend some hands on time working with any of the resources available on the internet for exploit writing. You are not formally required to have experience in the field in order to take the CDAE certification. Do realize that by design the CDAE focuses on and tests your ability to apply your knowledge and skills in practice. You will have a much easier time with the certification process if you've spent some time working with the tools and technology.
Contact Us for more information about this certification.